How to Get 6 Pack Abs
We're gonna teach you everything you need to know in your quest for 6 pack abs. We'll teach you that getting abs isn't just about the exercise. It's also not just about the diet. It's a careful mixture of both of these things and an understanding of how they work together. Now lets gets started.
- The benefits of having six pack abs.
- The basics
- Ways to lose your "puffy blanket" of fat
- Fat loss tips
- Awesome abdominal exercises
Benefits of Having 6 Pack Abs
Your 6 pack abs will get you heaps attention when you're on the beach.
6 pack abs are strong abs.
Having 6 pack abs will make you look and feel better about yourself.
Having a strong core will hugely decrease the chances of you getting injuries, especially to your spine.
You'll be able to perform everyday tasks more easily.
The Basics - How to Get 6 Pack Abs
There are 2 simple things you need to do if you want to get 6 pack abs.
- Lose that "puffy blanket" of fat on your tummy.
- Strengthen your abdominal and core muscles.
Those points seem pretty straight forward, don't they? That's right, they are. The hard part is the dedication and perseverance. We promise though, if you take our advice and keep visiting our exercise pages... you will get there!
How to Lose Your "Puffy Blanket"
There are three ways to lose fat. Yes, it's true, saying goodbye to chocolate isn't the only way. Hallelujah!
Do some weight training.
It's a known fact that the more muscles you have, the more fat you burn. Your muscles need energy to survive.
It is especially beneficial for people over the age of 40 to do weight training. This is because, when you get to 40, your metabolism really begins to slow down.
If you're a girl, don't think that by doing weights you will get huge muscles. Your muscles will only increase in size if you are taking in a hell of a lot of calories. Most of the body builders you see take large amounts of high energy supplements - or steroids - to get to their size.
A general rule is "The bigger the muscle group, the more energy it will need". So, the best muscles to exercise to aid fat loss are:
Another thing... to lift weights, you don't need to go to the gym. Gym = Boring! You can push your own body weight through pushups, chin-ups, etc. You can also make your own weights or purchase them for a relatively small price. Your own home is so convenient, and best of all, it's free!
Check out these awesome resistance training pages:
- Try out these workout routines. They will give you some excellent fat burning muscles.
- Build up your hammies with these great hamstring exercises.
- Your glutes are the biggest muscles in your body, do glute exercises to turn them into serious fat burning machines.
- Some excellent thigh exercises.
Get that heart pumping.
Yes, cardio's the word! Not many abs are big enough to show through a large layer of fat. Any exercise that gets you moving, keeps you moving and increases your heart rate is great. It not only helps you to lose fat, but also releases endorphins which make you feel superb!
The key to losing weight through cardio is to keep your heart rate up. Some fun exercises that would get your heart rate up are:
- Riding your bike or exercycle
- Climbing up flights of stairs
- Playing tennis
- Playing volley ball
- Playing squash
- Roller blading
|An important part of aerobic exercise is to keep it fun. This will help you stay motivated. We mean, really, who likes things to be boring and tedious? So, get your iPod or radio blaring on your favourite channel and get moving!|
Say goodbye to diets!
The word "diet" can conjure horrid thoughts of plain veggies and boring, flavour free foods. How about we tell you some good news. Diets aren't our thing. We believe in changing your entire outlook on food. Wouldn't that be great? Eating in such a way that you would never have to diet again! We're going to show you how to get 6 pack abs through eating healthy and balanced meals.
For a bit of added help...
- Check out our nutrition page.
- Check out our weight loss page for help on how to get abs through losing fat.
Tips to Help With Fat Loss
1. Keep your metabolism effective:
- Do this by eating a small meal or snack every 3 hours. Now, a snack isn't something like a packet of chips or a muffin. It's more like a piece of fruit or a small serving of nuts.
2. Lower the calories in your dinner:
- Do this by packing in the fresh veggies and salads.
- The protein you have in the evening shouldn't be larger than your palm and thicker than your fingers. Don't trick yourself by pretending you have goliath palms and sausage fingers!
- So, you're still hungry after dinner - honestly? Then, nibble on low-calorie fruits such as apples, oranges, blueberries etc.
- Drink a large glass of water before sitting down to eat dinner. Often we confuse the feeling of thirst for the feeling of hunger. This will also stop you from being so hungry that you chow your food down without enjoying it. What a waste that would be!
3. Don't be scared of fibre... hehe!
- Fibre makes you regular... Do we need to elaborate on that? Okay, we will. If you have a lot of fibre in your diet, even the "biggest of tasks" will become simple.
- Fibre can be found in fruits and veggies, nuts, seeds, whole grains etc.
- An easy way of making sure you're getting enough fibre is to take the powdered fibre supplements. They're easy to mix in with your food or add to a hot drink.
- Did we mention that if you have a diet high in fibre, your chances of getting bowel cancer are greatly reduced. Yeeha, go the fibre.
4. Drink, drink, drink...
- No, we don't mean beer or your favorite cocktail. We are talking about "H to the 2 to the O" Yea, Water!
- Yup, 8 glasses of water a day is a good amount! It may sound like a ridiculous amount to drink in one day, but space it out, and it's easy.
- You can use some herbal teas to make up some of your water requirements.
- Green tea is especially good for you, it even causes you to lose a few calories. Wow, don't we all wish chocolate had the same effect.
Basically, we like to teach people balance. A balanced life is a happy life. You need to give your body and mind what it requires to stay healthy and happy.
Great Abdominal Exercises
Check out the exercises on these pages.
If you're wanting 6 pack abs you should be doing these exercises at least 3-4 times per week.
You need to keep challenging yourself. As you feel your abs getting stronger, make sure you increase the difficulty of the exercises you're doing. This will ensure your progress doesn't come to a standstill. There is nothing more de motivating than not seeing results.
Work all the different parts of your core. Not just your abs. This will give your abs a good solid base. It will also help you stay away from injuries....AND it looks hot.
The easiest way to get a sexy set of 6 pack abs...
Shaye and I are doing a 12 week abs challenge at the moment. So if you'd like to join us, you can. It makes it a lot easier to achieve your goal if you have other people to do it with. To see our progress and perhaps join us click on the links below...
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive free updates about the latest in home fitness. As a bonus you'll also receive 2 free e-books to help you tone up and lose weight. Click here to sign up