The Best Oblique Workout For Getting Perfectly Sculpted Obliques
Are you trying to build strong and sexy obliques? This best oblique workout is a fantastic place to start. It will help you sculpt those oblique muscles into sensational works of art.
And it not only makes you look incredible, it also helps you you...
- Build a strong core
- Improve your posture
- Protect your spine
- And help you avoid back pain.
Perhaps the most important part about the best oblique workout is that it can all be done at home with simple equipment. You don't have to waste your time at the gym to get sexy obliques.
Oblique V Sits
This exercise works your obliques very intensely.
- Lie on your side as shown in picture 1.
- Use your lower arm for balance
- Raise your legs and upper body simultaneously.
- Crunch your obliques hard!
Do 2 sets of 10 on each side
The best oblique workout just wouldn't be complete without killer twists. These make you feel like jello! They're great for your obliques and will really help you tone up. The great news is, they work your thighs and butt too!
Killer twists can be a little tough to explain. Hopefully I've managed though. Look at the pictures and read the description carefully.
- Get a medicine ball.
- Stand with your legs just wider than shoulder width apart.
- Face your body towards one side and hold the weight above your head.
- This is the starting position.
- Lower the weight and turn your body towards the other side.
- Bend at your knees and crouch down towards the floor.
- Remember to keep a controlled movement.
- Slowly move back to the start position.
- Change sides.
Do 2 sets of 15 on each side.
Swiss Ball Oblique Crunches
The key to getting good results with this exercise is to squeeze your oblique muscles tightly at the top of the movement.
- Buy yourself a swiss ball. They're awesome for oblique exercises!
- Find a wall, or something to hook your feet into.
- Put the center of your body onto the swiss ball.
- Try to pull your upper body towards the sky.
- Feel your oblique's contract.
- Hold for about 1-2 seconds.
- In a controlled movement, lower yourself.
Do 2 sets of 10 on each side.
Dumbbell Side Dips
To get the most out of this exercise, you need to get as large a range of motion as possible. That is, when you go low, go really low and when you go high, go really high.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Stand up straight with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Bend your body whilst lowering one weight closer to the floor.
- Go as far as you can.
- In a controlled motion, raise up again.
- Do this on the other side.
- Repeat the whole exercise.
Do 2 sets of 10 on each side.
Knee slammers are a great way of toning your obliques and working your hip flexors. If you don't have a kick bag, you can hold onto a pole or wall and simulate the same movement. Just make sure you stop before you hit the wall though :P
- Get hold of your kick bag, wall, or pole.
- Raise your knee up.
- Slam your knee into the bag with as much force as possible.
- Lower you leg back down again.
For each leg do 2 sets of as many as you can in 30 seconds.
I hope you enjoyed our best oblique workout and that it helps you develop the midsection of your dreams.
Warning: Do You Make This Mistake In Your Oblique Training?
One of the most frequent questions we receive is "How do I get rid of my love handles?" - That horrible layer of fat which lives on top of your oblique muscles.
We find that most people, in an attempt to remove their love-handles, just keep increasing the number of oblique exercises they are doing.
That will NOT work!
Why? Because you cannot spot reduce fat by exercising the muscles underneath. Instead, you have to drive up your metabolism by using certain specific exercises...like I have been doing for the last 12 weeks.
As you can see, my oblique muscles are much more defined now. If you'd like to do the same thing, it's not rocket science. You just have to be willing to work hard and follow a good program.
I recommend the truth about abs for that purpose. You can read my review of it here...
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive free updates about the latest in home fitness. As a bonus you'll also receive 2 free e-books to help you tone up and lose weight. Click here to sign up