Everything You Need to Know
About Core Training
Core training is often neglected because people don’t know how to go about it. A lot of people think sit-ups are the only option. This is definitely not true.
Our aim is to show you that:
Health Benefits of Core Training
The muscles in your core provide you with core strength.
Stops lower back pain by supporting your spine.
Improves posture by strengthening your supporting muscles.
Minimizes general fatigue by making everyday chores easier.
Improves sports performance by ensuring the effective use of all muscles around your body. Your core muscles are needed to transfer power from your lower to upper body.
Say Hello to Your Core Muscles
Your abs take up a large area of your core. In fact a lot of people think your abs are your core. But... there's a whole other side to it. It's called your back! Here are the main muscles that make up your core.
- Rectus abdominis - This is the main muscle in your ab group. It runs down the centre of your tummy. These are the muscles that eventually turn into a six pack. To work them, try out some of these great exercises.
- Transverse abdominis - This is the deepest of your ab muscles. It needs to be worked to build a solid foundation for your six pack.
- Internal and external obliques - These are the muscles that wrap around your waist. They're really important for any sideways motion. Check out some of our great oblique exercises. Also try our best oblique workout.
- Erector spinae - These are your main lower back muscles. Keep these strong if you want to avoid lower back pain. Check out the lower back exercises here.
Why Should I Train My Core?
Are you conscious of your podgy tummy or protruding sides? Chances are, if you’re the average Joe, you are. Getting a nice tummy is hard work. The health benefits, confidence and sex appeal that comes with it make it all worthwhile!
Core training improves your strength and makes you look and feel better about yourself. When you do core training, your body releases endorphins, which makes you feel good. There are so many reason for training your core. So... why don't you give it a go, keep it up for a few months and we swear you'll notice a difference.
Getting a Flat Stomach - Where Do I Start?
The two main elements of your mid section that we're concerned about are muscles and fat.
Fat is that annoying layer that is found on top of your muscles. It does a really good job of hiding all your hard work. You could think of the fat as if it were a puffy blanket lying over a nice firm bed. The firm interior is hidden by the puffy exterior.
So, if you want to get rid of that "puffy blanket" you're gonna have to lose some fat. No abdominal exercise on its own will get rid of the fat on your stomach. Don’t panic. We can help!
Check out these pages
- Learn how to get abs here...
- Weight loss, to destroy that puffy blanket
- Aerobic exercise is great for fat loss.
- Exercises to strengthen your core
Crunches are one of the most well known beginner abdominal exercises. Learn how to do them safely here.
If it is simply a flat tummy and slim back that you are after, you only need to worry about the fat loss. But if you want those alluring ab muscles and that toned back, you will need to lose fat, and develop your core muscle groups.
Read this if you want to learn more on how to get a sexy six pack.
Where Should I do Core Training?
Your home is the perfect place to do core training. This is because it can be done within a pretty small area. Your home provides lots of "equipment" so that you can keep your workouts varied.
In our exercise pages, we help you out with some really cool home made exercise equipment. It includes our home made ab bench. The exercises which you do on that bench work wonders. We find that they work so quickly and only take about 10 minutes. Check it our here, it's the best abdominal exercise on earth. Once you get this exercise sussed out you'll be building abdominal muscle like there's no tomorrow.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive free updates about the latest in home fitness. As a bonus you'll also receive 2 free e-books to help you tone up and lose weight. Click here to sign up