Low Fat Grilled Chicken Salad
Ingredients: - Boneless, skinless chicken breast 400 g.
- Red potatoes (cut in half) 300 g.
- Green beans 200 g.
- Orange marmalade 2 tbsps.
- Leaf lettuce (torn) 3 cups.
- 2 Oranges (peeled and sectioned).
- Orange juice 1/4 cup.
- Salt and black pepper (Optional).
- Orange zest 1/2 teaspoon.
- Diced ginger 1/2 teaspoon.
- Red wine vinegar 1 tbsp.
Directions: - Mix orange juice, marmalade, salt, pepper, orange peel, and ginger. Take about 1/4 cup and brush on to the chicken. Then grill until both sides browned. Cut the chicken into slices.
- Boil the potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Also boil the green beans for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked. Then drain the water.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the chicken, orange slices, potatoes and green beans. Toss evenly with the orange sauce mixture.
This delicious, low fat chicken recipe has only 4 grams of fat, and serves four people.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive free updates about the latest in home fitness. As a bonus you'll also receive 2 free e-books to help you tone up and lose weight. Click here to sign up