How To Get A Nice Bum - These 2 Important Steps
Having a nice bum sits high on every womans (and most mens) wish list. The good news is that it doesn't need to stay on your wish list forever. You can tick it off! You can get not only a nice bum - but an amazing bum if you follow these 2 important steps...
Step 1. Define Your 'Nice Bum'
Before you can get what you want you need to know what you want. It's the first step and it's the most important. Because if you don't have a target to aim at you will surely miss it.
So here's what to do...
- Search around on the internet, Google "nice bottoms" or "round bums" etc. Just make sure the safe search is enabled. :D
- Look for pictures in magazines, cut them out and keep them in a box.
- Check out the talent in the street.
- Do whatever it takes to find out your perfect bum.
After having a good look around, you should have a pretty good idea of what a nice bum is for you. It's a very personal thing you know.
What is your definition of a nice bum?
Bottoms come in many shapes and sizes! From round and proud to flat as a pancake. From tight and toned to just plain old saggy butt.
If you could have the bum of your dreams - and you can - what would it look like? What does your own personal 'nice bum' look like. Tell us in detail here.
So what's our 'nice bum'? Well we've done some thinking and we've agreed on 4 things the perfect bum should have.
1. It should be perky
To understand what a perky bum is, just think that it's the exact opposite of a saggy butt. It's no low hanger, it rides high and proud
2. It should be firm
It should feel just as nice as it looks. Nice and firm to the touch.
This means low body-fat percentage. It cannot be a flabby ass, otherwise it won't be firm.
3. It should be 'goldilocks round'
Not too big not too small, just right. The round shape is an all-important make or break factor for a bum, so it needs to be perfect.
4. It should be cellulite free
Cellulite is the sworn enemy of many women. No-body wants to have lumps and bumps all over the bottoms. Luckily there are things you can do to fix this.
After we finished defining our nice bum, we realised that the best way to get it was to exercise it - at home of course.
Step 2. Exercise Your Bum
99.9% of the time, exercise is the missing ingredient. Exercising your bum builds muscles, which in turn...
- Firms up your bum
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Provides a better shape whether that means lifting, bulking, rounding or toning.
- Helps you lose body fat by increasing your resting metabolic rate.
Below are 2 home exercises you can use to help build a better bum.
Squat jumps are powerful exercises! They are high intensity and activate a large number of muscles all over your body. But in particular, they work the glute muscles.
Make sure your knee's don't go past your toes.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand (If you're a beginner start with 10% of your body-weight)
- Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor - your weight should be in your heels.
- Now jump up as high as you can.
- Land and immediately go back to the squat position.
Repeat 3 sets of 12 reps.
Dumbbell Step Ups
If you've ever climbed up a huge flight of stairs you'll know how well these target your glute muscles.
- Find a step that is approximately 1 foot high.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand - 10% of your bodyweight is good for beginners.
- Step up onto the step with one leg.
- Step up with the other leg.
- Step down with the first leg.
- Step down with the second leg.
Repeat 3 sets of 20 reps.
These are 2 of the best home exercises you can do to get a nice bum.
If you would like to learn more exercises to get a toned butt at home, read Shaye's review of the firm butt workout.
What Does Your "Perfect Bum" Look Like?
There are so many different opinions of what a nice bum looks like. Some folks like perky and round, others like big and bulky, still others like tiny tight packages. Share with everyone - in full detail - what characteristics your "perfect bum" has...
Other Visitors Perfect Bums
Click below to see what other visitors ideas of a nice bum were...
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive free updates about the latest in home fitness. As a bonus you'll also receive 2 free e-books to help you tone up and lose weight. Click here to sign up