Here's a Simple Way To Get a Toned Butt
- By Shaye
After seeing photos of my not so toned butt whilst on holiday in Thailand... I decided I had to do something about it. I wanted to wear a skimpy bikini... but felt I couldn't quite pull it off.
So I tried out a product called the firm butt workout and I'm excited to share it with you because it has definitely helped me get a toned butt again.
What is the firm butt workout?
It's an online training program for getting a toned perky butt. Basically, it's a collection of video's covering all the topics you need to build the perfect bum. The video's contain...
- A number of exercises ranked in order of importance.
- Beginner, intermediate & advanced workouts.
- A guide to building your own workouts with the exercises.
- Advice on warming up, cooling down and keeping yourself safe.
- Nutritional advice for fat loss and optimum health.
The firm butt workout was produced by Dr. Ross Bomben. He is an elite sports chiropractor and has also had careers as...
- A Personal trainer
- A Massage therapist
- A Professional track and field athlete.
My firm butt workout review
My first impression was that "there's nothing here". The members area seemed almost empty because there were just some video's listed down the navbar. But after digging deeper I realised the saying is true...
A picture speaks 1000 words and a video speaks 1000 pictures!
Those video's are jam-packed full of quality information. There's no hype. No fluff. Just useful, relevant advice.
The program starts off with a test to see whether you're safe to go ahead with the workouts. It's just 4 simple exercises which - I admit - I didn't bother doing because they looked too easy.
Instead I jumped right into the main exercises. There were 14 different glute exercises, ranked in order of importance.
I tried all of them but my favorite by far was the lunge good morning. It's an exercise I hadn't tried before. I didn't think that a slight change to a lunge could make such a huge difference... but it did.
I liked how clear and user-friendly the video's were. In each video Dr. Bomben explained how to do the exercises with correct technique. It's always good to know this stuff so that...
- You don't injure yourself.
- You exercise in the most effective way possible.
All the exercises could be done at home. The only equipment used was dumbbells, but you can get away without them.
The pre-built workouts were great. I found my bum hurting after just the first set. After a few weeks of doing these I could feel I was getting my toned butt back. :)
I also noticed that the extra muscle I built was helping me lose body fat - what a cool side effect!
Although you get plenty of exercises to build you own workouts, I would have liked to have seen a few more pre-built workouts... I say this because I'm a big fan of following the 3 they give you on the computer.
There were a few nutrition articles including...
- The top 5 nutrition rules to remember. My favorite was rule #4 - Every week you pick 1 day to eat anything you want. Apparently this actually helps you lose fat!
- Sustainable eating habits
- Pre and post workout nutrition so you get the most benefit from your workouts.
There's also a 23 minute video called "How to shop". I found this particularly amusing that a man was teaching a (mostly) female audience how to shop! It's something I never thought I'd see :D
But in all seriousness, it was a great video...
He takes you through a shop and teaches you about how to make better food choices.
Overall, Dr. Bomben's take on nutrition is similar to what I believe is the best way to eat. He emphasizes the importance of eating whole foods - the only real solution that works long term.
This product would suit you if...
- You want a simple solution to get a toned butt.
- You want to lose weight and get rid of cellulite.
- You want to increase your fitness.
- You are willing to put in the effort to get these things.
This product won't suit you if...
- You are looking for really in-depth information. This program covers everything you need to know, and nothing more.
- You want a whole lot of workout video's to follow along to. There are only 3 available.
Overall I think that this was a great purchase and I highly recommend it. Here's why...
- The exercises worked amazingly and they could all be done at home.
- The information was presented in a simple, no-nonsense way. This made it easy to do what you need to do.
- The nutritional advice was straightforward and based on principles I KNOW work.
- It only cost me $20.
The million dollar question is:
Would this program give you a firm toned butt?
Absolutely! The information is there, it's easy to understand, all the obstacles are removed...but at the end of the day the deciding factor is whether or not you use it.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive free updates about the latest in home fitness. As a bonus you'll also receive 2 free e-books to help you tone up and lose weight. Click here to sign up